The Impact of Taking Them Seriously

One of the most influential programs for youth writers was Young Playwrights, Inc. which ran multiple national programs for playwrights from 1981 to 2015. I've been preparing a presentation on young playwrights work for the TYA class at NYU tonight and came across reviews of Young Playwrights, Inc that I had never seen before. The source is Guidestar, a website that provides tax information for non-profit organizations. It seems that the testimonials provided are from parents and students who experienced the programs at Young Playwrights Inc during its tenure. It was great to see so many familiar phrases in there:

  • "As a parent of a young playwright, I was amazed by the degree of effort and professionalism the organization's personnel paid to my daughter's work. The feeling of confidence a young person gets when he or she reads an industry pro's review of his or her work..."
  • "I was thrilled to know that someone, somewhere, had read my play and really thought about it".

Comments