The Map Goes International

There has been a lot of young playwrights news these past few weeks, so I spent a couple days catching up on a few previously unlisted programs and adding their information to The Map. I also took the opportunity to finally expand the resource beyond its previous borders to include a handful of programs for young writers in Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, and Scotland. Take a look at these additions and more by clicking on "The Map" in the top menu of the blog.
In the next few weeks, I will be reaching out to these programs to encourage their involvement in my research about the field. Additionally, I will go through the US programs and update their content accordingly. There are other global programs to follow up on, as well.

My thinking is to remove items like "Deadline" and "Festival/Publication Date". Obviously these change each year and it can be difficult to keep up. Plus, I figure anyone looking for more information about a particular program can click on the web link and find that information there. I would love to hear your thoughts on that idea, so please leave a comment in response to this post, or send an email to theyoungplaywrightsmap@gmail.com.

Thanks!


Comments