Updates for The Map

The most recent update of The Young Playwrights Map was completed on May 30th. To date, the Map identifies 88 programs for youth ages 19 and younger. I will continue to add more as they become known to me. I have two additional goals for 2017:

1) To gather information from Map programs about how they conduct their work. I provided a general outline of this information in the Mapping the Field of Young Playwrights Programs in the United States published in ArtsPraxis last fall. With the survey data, I can provide a more substantial overview of the field.

2) To make the Map international. I've already begun following up on programs I know to be in existence in the UK, Canada, and Australia. I will likely share that information when it feels substantial enough and continue on from there. Can't wait to add this new level to the network.

Can't wait to continue this work and make new connections at home and across the globe!

Comments